Upholstery Cleaning and Protection
Upholstery Cleaning Services
The most common factors spoiling the appearance of upholstered furniture are beverage spills and oily stains on arms and headrests. You’ve invested a lot of money in your furniture so you want it to look good and last longer. Our upholstery service can restore the appearance and extend its life. making it clean, healthy and looking just the way you want it.
After careful inspection to identify the fibre type and select an appropriate cleaning method we use:- 8 Steps to Perfect Results
1. High spec vacuuming to pull out particulate soil.
2. Pre-spotting to eliminate difficult marks.
3. Pre-spraying to emulsify and loosen pollutants off the fabric fibres.
4. Jet spraying and extraction of bacteria and soil.
5. Hand towelling of corners for additional soil removal.
6. Rinsing to remove all traces of the cleaning solution.
7. Application of protection, if required.
8. Drying to remove as much moisture as possible before derarture.
The ‘Drimaster’ upholstery tool we favour cleans better and drier than most other systems because:
• The Jet technology eliminates overspray.
• The high flow rate and recovery leave minimal residual moisture.
• The fabric is left 50% drier than other systems.
• The slim profile cleaning head fits into even the tightest crevices.
There is no magic to stain protection – Quite simply it is like a Teflon coating on a pan. When the pan gets dirty it is easier to clean. It’s the same with upholstery. You can wipe off spills before they get into the fabric. Most carpets & upholstery don’t wear out. They just start to look shabby. This is the end result of poor maintenance. The original protective coating has worn off and fine abrasive soil, acting like sandpaper, dulls and wears down the fibre. This is why regular vacuuming is so important. A properly applied and maintained protective coating vastly improves the effect of vacuuming. We can apply this protection after cleaning, at an additional cost, though it is always a matter of personal choice whether to do it or not. Most manufacturers today recommend renewing carpet protection after each cleaning. Upholstery Cleaning Services.